Netflix Sonic 2022

1 hour ago, WarTraveller said:

Oh. It got deleted.

Twitter's crap has really gotten out of hand >.<

The only information given was in a tweet, and the tweet has since been deleted. The tweet, which has been screencapped, did say that WildBrain and Man of Action are making the show.

I don't have much faith in Netflix to produce something good; in this case, I dare them to surprise me for a change. Given that WildBrain and Man of Action are making the show, they may actually have a shot at giving us something decent.

Edited by MoKat
added quote
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, MoKat said:

Twitter's crap has really gotten out of hand >.<

It was deleted by the account.

It looks like it was a premature announcement. Maybe the deal was reached within the last few days. With the launch in 2022, it would be unwise for the official announcement to come now.

There's also a fake image on what it's about.

• Thanks 1

Well, we know about it now. I agree it seems weird to announce it TWO YEARS beforehand, but then the movie was announced in 2014 and released back in February. My guess is that Sega felt pressured into the announcement after fans called them out on their radio silence after promises of BIG NEWS all year. Sonic always seems to have a history of troubled production. :P

Personally, I'm cautiously excited. It could be good, so long as it avoids the same sort of trappings X and Boom did. The problem is, as ever, how much SEGA's mandates are going to affect what the characters can do and what stories can be told.

• Lore-Respect. 1
On 12/11/2020 at 12:01 PM, WarTraveller said:

Well, we know about it now. I agree it seems weird to announce it TWO YEARS beforehand, but then the movie was announced in 2014 and released back in February. My guess is that Sega felt pressured into the announcement after fans called them out on their radio silence after promises of BIG NEWS all year. Sonic always seems to have a history of troubled production. :P

Personally, I'm cautiously excited. It could be good, so long as it avoids the same sort of trappings X and Boom did. The problem is, as ever, how much SEGA's mandates are going to affect what the characters can do and what stories can be told.

Well it doesn't help that the film went through a quasi-development hell cycle with it being moved from Sony to Paramount. I think if Sony knew it was going to encounter problems it wouldn't have been announced at the time. So I dont think it's fully a fair comparison.

Well this year is a bit of an anomaly because of the beervirus. I think they had a big roadmap planned out with announcements, developments, etc. but with the world basically shutting down in March I think a lot of their plans got delayed because of it. Had they known that everything was going to grind to a halt I dont think they would have made that promise. But again, who knew this year was going to entail? I mean look at Hollywood with nearly every film being put on hold and multiple games being delayed because the changes due.

Boom really wasn't that bad when you look at it what it was: more of a modern AoStH. The 4th wall breaks were great though. I'll be curious what the show will be.