As a launch PS4 buyer I'm of two minds on this; I love cool new hardware, but don't like feeling like I'm being shook down for my money. Sadly, it's the direction the industry is going.

Also, in the case of the PS4 and the Xbone they launched just before a leap in processor and GPU power; if Sony and Microsoft did nothing then in four years they'd have their games look like dogmeat in comparison to the PC.

28 minutes ago, TheRedStranger said:

Updated this topic to be about Playstation in general. *

Anyone here get a PS1 on its launch year? Any fond memories?

Got my PS1 about half way through the cycle; but it was one that still had the expansion port on the back you could hook up dubious hardware.

And yes, there are a lot of fond memories: Alundra I and II, Twisted Metal II, Test Drive 5 and 6, Need For Speed II, Medal of Honor, Legends of the Deep, Ace Combat, Gex series, CART World Series, Triple Play '98, etc...

• Like 1

Alundra plays a bit like Zelda in that there is no "fight mode" and puzzles were the main attention instead of monster killing. It was really one of the last great 2D RPGs; it's sad that Working Designs kept the game circulation low back in the day, but it is still a classic. 

*edit* I do believe that it's available to download through PSN.

https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=rlfwGMcRopg&list=PLAA16ACA4EDC83995

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Here's Why The PS2 Is Even Better In 2022 [Spawn Wave]

The PlayStation 2 is over 20 years old and with the advancements made in homebrew and the hardware scene it's still a great pickup today. In this video we're checking out a basic well known mod that anyone can do to take the PS2 to the next level.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Always loved the PS2's line up of games. Blew me away years ago before it came out when I saw a Japanese PS2 run Zone of the Enders at a hobby shop in California. It'd be nice to mod out a PS2 to run anything I'd want, though if I get a Saturn I'd probably do that first as those games that you'd want the most are usually stupid expensive. XP

Although, it would save tons of money if you'd want to play some RPGs.