Netflix Animated Exclusives/Series

MoKat

I saw the official teaser for Masters of the Universe: Revelation  over at Poo Tube:

From Executive Producer Kevin Smith, comes an epic story that picks up where the 80’s series left off and brings the power of Grayskull back to the world. Part 1 of Masters of the Universe: Revelation premieres July 23, only on Netflix.

While I am dismayed that it will be a Netflix exclusive, the animation gives me hope that it won't be a complete steaming pile; one of the commenters said it was animated by "Powerhouse Animation". Hopefully the writing will be as good as the animation.

On 6/10/2021 at 5:39 PM, MoKat said:

I saw the official teaser for Masters of the Universe: Revelation  over at Poo Tube:

While I am dismayed that it will be a Netflix exclusive, the animation gives me hope that it won't be a complete steaming pile; one of the commenters said it was animated by "Powerhouse Animation". Hopefully the writing will be as good as the animation.

Is Skeletor voiced by who I think he is voiced by?

• 3 weeks later...

Another trailer has been posted.

The Final Battle Begins. Will the Guardians of Grayskull save Eternia and the fate of the entire Universe? The end is only the beginning. Masters of the Universe: Revelation Part 1 premieres July 23, only on Netflix.

• 4 weeks later...

The first 5 episodes dropped last Friday & the reviews indicate that it's more like "Master of the Wokeverse".

*sigh* I was afraid of that; Netflix tends to back/stream woke crap >.<

If the reviews are accurate, they've ruined Teela by making her a whining, selfish jerk -.- 😠

I'm having a very difficult time finding a good fan review that keeps the cusswords to a minimum.

*language advisory - bad words ahoy!*

*spoiler alert - videos contain spoilers*

{Edit: Here is the video from Clownfish; even they couldn't keep the cusswords to a minimum *sigh*

Rippa dropped some f-bombs and mostly tears into Kevin Smith & his lies about the series instead of focusing on the episodes, but he has a good point- Kevin Smith is A Liar (And Possibly A Hack)}

This comment sums up what fans are saying about it:

I dont know who this show is for. New viewers dont get the references. Old viewers are left at best, confused. I'm not going to waste my time hating it, but I certainly wouldnt recommend it to anyone my age. They've stomped on enough of my memories as it is. If you cant improve upon it, and if you never were fans, leave the IP alone

{Edit: finally found a clean review.

On 7/30/2021 at 12:41 PM, MoKat said:

I was afraid of that; Netflix tends to back/stream woke crap >.<

Corporate Suit: "Oh! But you are a woman, you should like this version. My charts say so, so does tens of tens of blue-check marks on Twitter."

:1505861573847:

This all has a soft-reboot, cowardly, backdoor revisionist vibe. Sorry they crapped on your childhood, Kat... :(

And why do we have to make tough women, have "lesbian overtones?" Was this written by a pervy 15 year old? Can't we appeal to the 99% of the actual audience that probably don't care about forced sexual political stuff in their 80's remake cartoon?

To be fair though, it's good to see Skeletor get something he wants. But if you squeeze woke crap into a good sandwich, its still a crap sandwich. That and the spices are flat. You have the golden opportunity to push the existing content for the maturing audience, but you give us a cheap Halloween haunted house for the land of the dead, and demphasize the main character the audience is decades invested in?  This sounds familiar...:/

{Language warning}

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:

Was this written by a pervy 15 year old?

I think Kevin Smith is a bit older than that now :D; just not any wiser ;)

To be fair though, it's good to see Skeletor get something he wants.

And then not know what to do with it 😅

But if you squeeze woke crap into a good sandwich, its still a crap sandwich. That and the spices are flat.

Agreed.

This sounds familiar...

Indeed it does >.<

• MoKat changed the title to Netflix Exclusives/Series

*Changed the topic title to cover Netflix animated exclusives*

Arcane sounds like a series that was actually done correctly...

Critque of Arcane [Out of Frame ~18 min.]

Discussing politics has always been contentious, but sometime in the past 10 years it’s turned condescending, holier-than-thou, and self-righteous. Nowhere is this more evident than modern entertainment. Turn on any new song, show, or movie, and you’re bound to receive a smug, ultra-woke lecture from some writer who thinks you’re an idiot and needs to be “educated”.

That’s what makes the new Netflix series “Arcane” so refreshing.

Based on the plotless, popular online video game “League of Legends”, Arcane finds a way to cover politics without becoming another rant. Although its characters are diverse and face tense socioeconomic conflict, Arcane keeps the focus on the corrupting nature of power, rather than becoming a diatribe for why people are bad. Let’s break it down further on this feature episode of Out of Frame.

• MoKat changed the title to Netflix Animated Exclusives/Series