Mobius Third Edition Announcement (Also I'm Back)

IoanMakesGames

Hi all!

Sorry I've been extremely inactive lately, but it's been a bit wild this past year.  I finally quit my crappy call centre job, became a Level Designer full-time, and I've entered Mobius into SAGE, to name only three things!

I've been busy, but so has Mobius...

830569166_Mobius3.thumb.png.dd8748a768eb88e290d602e62aa0f8f2.png

That right!  Mobius' Third Edition is coming out sometime this November.  The pre-launch playtest edition is already out for players to read, and all the info is available on my new Mobius Discord!  Here's a little taste as to what's coming:

• Manned Mechs will finally be treated as Vehicles!
  • New shooting system!
  • New Faction Book for Freedom Fighters!
  • Completely rebalanced for fairness and variety!
  • BattleScribe Data!

If you have any questions, just let me know either here or on Twitter (@IoanMakesGames) or Discord (link above).  I'm going to try and be much more active on here from now on as this seems a lovely community and you deserve all the Mobius updates you can get!

-Ioan

Edited by IoanMakesGames
  • Like 3

• IoanMakesGames changed the title to Mobius Third Edition Announcement (Also I'm Back)
19 hours ago, IoanMakesGames said:

Sorry I've been extremely inactive lately, but it's been a bit wild this past year.  I finally quit my crappy call centre job, became a Level Designer full-time, and I've entered Mobius into SAGE, t

Congrats! I am proud to see you making a bold move towards embracing your creativity. Now is the time to do it too, many people are leaving their old jobs that frankly were not thankful to have people around during Covid. You make a good example to people who need to focus on their actual career over their day jobs.

When I have the audio section of my studio finished, perhaps we can do an interview and share it on your Discord. @Akessel92 @Mike Arcade@WarTravellerand @Wulfsbanewould probably more than happy to join. This project fits in that nice happy place between things that go boom and bang, and Sonic; I am sure they will love it. XP If you are not comfortable with audio interviews, I can do a written based one for people to read as an article. :)

I am not sure how we can do this game post based here on the forum, but if people want to try, we have a section for it.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 8:38 PM, TheRedStranger said:

Congrats! I am proud to see you making a bold move towards embracing your creativity. Now is the time to do it too, many people are leaving their old jobs that frankly were not thankful to have people around during Covid. You make a good example to people who need to focus on their actual career over their day jobs.

When I have the audio section of my studio finished, perhaps we can do an interview and share it on your Discord. @Akessel92 @Mike Arcade@WarTravellerand @Wulfsbanewould probably more than happy to join. This project fits in that nice happy place between things that go boom and bang, and Sonic; I am sure they will love it. XP If you are not comfortable with audio interviews, I can do a written based one for people to read as an article. :)

I am not sure how we can do this game post based here on the forum, but if people want to try, we have a section for it.

That all sounds like a great idea!

14 hours ago, Mike Arcade said:

@IoanMakesGamesIt's great to see you on here again, and I await to see what third edition will bring. :)

Thanks!  Here's a sneak peek at a new Unit for the Kingdom of Acorn!  My main goal for them now is to make them feel more "authentic" to the lore I'm writing for them - i.e. like a 19th century army that's recently discovered laser guns and tanks...like WW1 France with lasers!

image.thumb.png.6b12529482ec617fbb9d9f4cab4bffbf.png

• Like 1

Just now, TheRedStranger said:

War games for big boys. Love Warhammer. You go with tape measure movement instead of grid? I have been wanting to adapt my D&D games to tape. 

It uses tape measure movement.  For figures, I've mostly been using paper cutouts of the characters on 1-inch round D&D stands.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, IoanMakesGames said:

It uses tape measure movement.  For figures, I've mostly been using paper cutouts of the characters on 1-inch round D&D stands.

I am so in if you ever want to do a game here. And I really appreciate you taking the time to make it. I bet my Special Needs Outreach group would like to play this. I got a lot of Sonic fans who also like war games.  It’s the perfect combination for them. 

🤣