Hello everyone. I was invited here, so I don't really know many users or have much of a presence, but I just started this new series that I'm posting over on my deviantart profile. I call it "Dreams of Imaginings" and it is a monthly thing I will be working on. The idea is that I write a short story/chapter, and then later in the month, I post a poll to see where my story will go. I've already posted the first of these stories, called "Clutter." I haven't really heard from too many people about it, but what I have heard has been positive.

http://mavrickindigo.deviantart.com/art/Clutter-612645442

On the 15th, I plan to make the first poll for the series. I like to look at peoples responses to see what I should be looking at, you know?

Edited by Mavrickindigo
added tags
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mavrickindigo said:

Hello everyone. I was invited here, so I don't really know many users or have much of a presence, but I just started this new series that I'm posting over on my deviantart profile. I call it "Dreams of Imaginings" and it is a monthly thing I will be working on. The idea is that I write a short story/chapter, and then later in the month, I post a poll to see where my story will go. I've already posted the first of these stories, called "Clutter." I haven't really heard from too many people about it, but what I have heard has been positive.

http://mavrickindigo.deviantart.com/art/Clutter-612645442

On the 15th, I plan to make the first poll for the series. I like to look at peoples responses to see what I should be looking at, you know?

Nice to have you, Mavrick. Currently we are mixing and mingling to know each other better so people start getting familiar with their fellow artists and their personal styles (all so better understand where their material is coming from). I would warmly welcome you to start talking and joining in on forum conversations, perhaps create your own threads! :) More your name is out in this community the better; the more its out there the more people will come to see your stuff!

[Quick forum tip: Please give us your best "age rating" of your stuff (All ages - teen - low-end mature, ect.) Even better, give specific details tags like "all ages", "mild swearing,", ect. Better people keep such rules, the higher better their reputation score will be. ;) ]

13 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:

Nice to have you, Mavrick. Currently we are mixing and mingling to know each other better so people start getting familiar with their fellow artists and their personal styles (all so better understand where their material is coming from). I would warmly welcome you to start talking and joining in on forum conversations, perhaps create your own threads! :) More your name is out in this community the better; the more its out there the more people will come to see your stuff!

[Quick forum tip: Please give us your best "age rating" of your stuff (All ages - teen - low-end mature, ect.) Even better, give specific details tags like "all ages", "mild swearing,", ect. Better people keep such rules, the higher better their reputation score will be. ;) ]

I am new to this forum software. How do I edit my post to put in those tags?

Simply press the edit button at the bottom of the post. You don't have too worry to much about tags. All we expect is you to put the rating in the post at least. If you need help I can actually edit it for you as an Admin until you get the hang of it. Just tell me what to put in for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say that I like this short narrative quite a bit thus far. The descriptions are rich and, in a similar way Akira Kurosawa and Sergio Leone would do with their movies, you let the physical aspects tell the story instead of dialogue, which I like a lot. Body language, setting, as well as atmosphere can be among the writer's greatest tools; and you use them quite well. And when you used dialogue/monologue it worked great to support the story.

The only issue I had with the story is that it left me with a lot of questions concerning the main character and the world she resides, which from what I can gather was intentional as it being part of a greater story. (Perhaps more coming later?)

Anyway, I really like wot I'm reading and like your writing style. I really hope you grace us with some more!