Positivity Thread: A Place to Restore Your Faith.

• 2 weeks later...

Some good news about Alzheimer's research:

Possible Breakthrough in Alzheimer‚Äôs Research: ‚ÄėLove Drug‚Äô Oxytocin Found to Reverse Damage in Mice Brains

Aust Alzheimer's therapy breakthrough

Breakthrough blood test could detect Alzheimer’s 20 years before symptoms manifest

From earlier this year...

Possible Alzheimer's breakthrough suggested

Researchers say they have identified a previously unknown gene and associated protein (which they have named 'aggregatin') which could potentially be suppressed to slow the advance of Alzheimer's disease.

4 hours ago, MoKat said:

Hmmm...there could be Theraputic applications to this very easily. I wonder if therapy animals and pets could help. They have show to cause releases of oxytocin in the brain just via eye contact. It was funny you mentioned a nuerological breakthrough like this. I have been studying the first case study of a rabies cure. Should check that one out. Turns out the disease does not damage the brain - it hacks into it like Trojan and forces organs to fail. It scrambles the neurons. Check out how miraculous the recovery is before her recover and long after. At first she sounds like some of the more acute special needs person I have worked with, only to fully recover, from being near a vegetable from now even being able drive and has children. I have never seen anything like this in my line of work. Thank Christ - all I can really say. Hope we can see this repeated. That Doctor fought upstream against conventional science to further science as a whole. He did it with faith, tempered by rationale and reason. To me, that is true progressivism. Only way to progress is prayerfully defy unhopeful conventions with a critical temperance. It paid off amazingly, and could end this vile disease, still virulent in the third world, despite the vaccine.  
https://youtu.be/VT7yoyKbYu0

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

For those of you who watch too much Faux and Fake News in CNN. Don’t fall for the anchoring and availability bias.

I disagree with the writer‚Äôs second argument. I think he‚Äôs not looking back far enough. The enlightenment was bloody and affectatious. Remember what radical atheists did to Nortre Dame ISIS¬†style during the bloody years of the Revolution. It was radical and ironically extremely dogmatic. The Renaissance, Reformation, and Counter Reformation before this led to the ‚Äúenlightenment.‚ÄĚ Humanism started in Christendom, it was¬†fundamentally spiritual starting with people willing to die to bring the Bible to the common man, which was hidden in Latin. You basically trace it back to Huss¬†and Wycliffe, not Voltaire...and certainly not fellows like Marquis De Sade.¬†

Needless to say, the fruits growing from the American Revolution and the Reformation are evident. The world is objectively better than has been in all our human history. Our powers to do great evil have deeply increased too, yet it seems we are making better choices than the news say we do. So why give power to that fear, especially when governments really have had very little role in this wonderful growth. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MoKat said:

meme-HSbagcheck.jpg

They are looking for specific types of contraband... mainly tuna, poultry, and the dreaded catnip.  

‚ÄúSir are you aware this state does not allow over 2 ounces of catnip per person?‚Ä̬†ūü§£

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:

They are looking for specific types of contraband... mainly tuna, poultry, and the dreaded catnip.  

‚ÄúSir are you aware this state does not allow over 2 ounces of catnip per person?‚Ä̬†ūü§£

Gotta watch that stuff; it can make u do strange things :D

(image source)

catnip-roll.jpg

catnip-fling.jpg

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, IronCheeze said:

This is cute! But when they poop it out and eat it again...that's not so cute. Thankfully they don't show that part.

ūü§£

Yeah, nobody wants to see -that- part ūüėĚ

bunnypoop.jpg

• Haha 1

Some -good- news is being reported for a change...

DEA makes historic drug bust in Southern California

House Homeland Security Committee member Mark Green, R-TN, says meth seized in California bust could have killed 'thousands.'

According to KCAL, about 3 tons of drugs won't be hitting the streets - Nearly 6,000 Pounds Of Methamphetamine Seized By Los Angeles DEA Agents In Nationwide Operation To Disrupt Cartel ‚ÄėTransportation Hubs‚Äô

9 hours ago, MoKat said:

Some -good- news is being reported for a change...

DEA makes historic drug bust in Southern California

According to KCAL, about 3 tons of drugs won't be hitting the streets - Nearly 6,000 Pounds Of Methamphetamine Seized By Los Angeles DEA Agents In Nationwide Operation To Disrupt Cartel ‚ÄėTransportation Hubs‚Äô

They have been making huge sweeps lately. Expect stuff via I75.

DEA has been keeping eyes on that corridor:

DOJ, DEA crack down on I-75 ‚Äúdrug pipeline‚ÄĚ

When asked how long this has been going on, Special Agent Pritts said, ‚ÄúThat‚Äôs a great question, I‚Äôve talked to some people about the history between Knoxville and Detroit and some people have told me that decades ago when the auto industry was booming in Detroit, a lot of Knoxville people moved to the Detroit area and some of their family members and friends remained behind so there was always this connectivity.‚Ä̬†

‚ÄúApparently Fentanyl ‚Ästfrom our sources ‚Ästgets imported from China into Canada and comes down across our northern border and apparently it‚Äôs more accessible, cheaper and then gets brought down the I-75 corridor and into Tennessee,‚ÄĚ said United States Attorney for Eastern District of Tennessee, Douglas Overbey.¬†

Columbia County deputies make huge drug bust on I-75

Columbia County deputies made a major drug bust on traffickers headed to the Gulf Coast.

Deputies stopped a vehicle traveling on I-75. They found more than 25 pounds of marijuana edibles, three pounds of mushrooms and an assault rifle.

Christopher Clark of Alabama admitted to deputies the drugs were being taken to Tampa to sell.

His passengers, David Harris and Jessenia Rodriguez of Georgia, were also arrested.

The people at U.S. Customs & Border Patrol have been busy this week:

Brownsville Port of Entry CBP Officers Seize Fentanyl at Gateway International Bridge

The seizure took place on Tuesday, Oct. 20, at the Gateway International Bridge when a 43-year-old male Cuban citizen applied for entry into the United States driving a 2008 Dodge Caliber. 

Border Patrol Agents Arrest 6 Sex Offenders

Del rio, Texas ‚Äď U.S. Border Patrol agents assigned to the Del Rio Sector continue to see an increase in the number of convicted sex offenders attempting to illegally enter the United States.

‚ÄúIn a time span of six days, our agents have arrested six convicted sex offenders,‚ÄĚ said Del Rio Sector Chief Patrol Agent Austin L. Skero II. ‚ÄúThanks to our agents these predators are behind bars and our communities are safer for it.‚ÄĚ

Over 100 Undocumented Aliens Apprehended by Laredo Sector Border Patrol Agents in 30 Hours

The incidents cover a timeframe between the very early morning hours of October 21 through the mid-morning of October 22.  The incidents involved the disruption of multiple stash houses, vehicle stops, checkpoint operations including commercial vehicles, train check operations, brush cases, vehicle bailouts, and the recovery of a stolen vehicle which was turned over to the La Salle County Sheriff’s Office.  A total of 106 individuals from various countries were taken into custody during this timeframe in nine separate smuggling attempts and four instances in which several individuals were abandoned in the brush by their smugglers. 

• 4 weeks later...

Man With Dwarfism Uses His Small Stature to Rescue Turkey’s Earthquake Victims

https://link.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/man-with-dwarfism-uses-his-small-stature-to-rescue-turkeys-earthquake-victims_3567923.html

Download our app to read more for free at https://ept.ms/DownloadApp
‚ÄĒ‚ÄĒ

Do not let anyone say you are useless because you are otherwise abled.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, MoKat said:

Three guesses what happened to its four predecessors...

:D:)

She hides the bodies well. Found one with only one leg the other day, destuffed. Feel like I am CSI: Canine Investigations Unit. She had a very happy Christmas in the snow.

1444E313-A080-4114-9B16-CAC9D95638E1.jpeg

0D3DEC4E-1B5B-45A4-BD11-87A13F840265.jpeg

• Like 1
On 12/26/2020 at 3:08 PM, MoKat said:

Three guesses what happened to its four predecessors...

:D:)

I believe Mr. Moose the 4th still lives, but only just. Mr. Moose the 3rd recently perished.

Sir Gaterton the 3rd is probably gone too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cat Loves to Play With Snow Brought Indoors By Owner

{Edit: Stray Cat Decides To Work At A Car Shop And Greet Every Customer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...