Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Could you do a Black Knight/Arthurian-inspired version of characters?

On 7/9/2016 at 1:29 PM, F07E said:

Eh it was already a bit of an off topic post on my part, That aside, I agree completely.

It was via the natural progression of the conversation. You guys are fine

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

magic worked. humour aside this one was really fun to do actually, thanks for the find!!! I tried to take into consideration a bit of what everyone's been saying and this was the result, hope its

Well I've been pretty absent from the art scene as of late, (and in that absence I still haven't drawn more knightly sonic sadly) so without further adieu here's some redesigns of mixed reception char

Slightly off-topic, but I'm one of those weird people that finds the slap a completely understandable reaction on Sally's part. Seeing it rendered well only helps that.

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Wulfsbane said:

Could you do a Black Knight/Arthurian-inspired version of characters?

Sure, I could take a Crack at it. I'll probably have to make a new topic dedicated to that though, as I'm not really a hundred percent sure, but it could be fun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, F07E said:

Sure, I could take a Crack at it. I'll probably have to make a new topic dedicated to that though, as I'm not really a hundred percent sure, but it could be fun.

 

You can keep it here. You can always change the topic tile to reflect you art.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Wulfsbane said:

 

You can keep it here. You can always change the topic tile to reflect you art.

Alright then, I should probably hold off till this weekend though as I've still yet to post dark-cringe the edgelord.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We would like you illustrate a scene from one of the Official works on site (some like EoT will be posted or have teasers later this month).

Also, if Sonic is involved I would like you to tweak his design to look more like the rest of the cast (no cyclops eyes). Let's see if you can experiment with the aesthetic. Have fun with it!

Pull this off and the Admins will reward you ;). I will inform you of when every single one of the stories have a post for you to read through. You can look through WfM and P&D in the mean time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, TheRedStranger said:

We would like you illustrate a scene from one of the Official works on site (some like EoT will be posted or have teasers later this month).

Also, if Sonic is involved I would like you to tweak his design to look more like the rest of the cast (no cyclops eyes). Let's see if you can experiment with the aesthetic. Have fun with it!

Pull this off and the Admins will reward you ;). I will inform you of when every single one of the stories have a post for you to read through. You can look through WfM and P&D in the mean time.

I'll see what I can do!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been catching up on the sketches F07E, like the Beta Big Sketch, if might just be me but I might like his beta design better then his end result, don't know why. Speaking of which is there anything you can do with Shadow's Beta Design, that would be cool to see.

Keep up all the awesome sketches man, and good luck with the artwork for WfM and P&D. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mike Arcade said:

Just been catching up on the sketches F07E, like the Beta Big Sketch, if might just be me but I might like his beta design better then his end result, don't know why. Speaking of which is there anything you can do with Shadow's Beta Design, that would be cool to see.

Keep up all the awesome sketches man, and good luck with the artwork for WfM and P&D. :)

Thanks! I assume beta concept big looks better as he can express more than his usual thousand yard stare. As for concept shadow, I've started and stopped more times than I can count, I just cringe too hard to finish thanks to his edginess.

With luck, I already drew a sketch for the WRONG p&d. Now wasn't that awkward to find out as I was just about to post!

Link to post
Share on other sites

well its finally done, the last concept sketch in which I feel I can actually do something unique with. so without further adieu; ow-the-edge:

Scan_20160801 (3).png

and thus I present the first (and only as of this post) of the many (literally I have been to busy to do another) black knight/arthurian/IplayedWAAAAYtomuchLegendofDragoon,FFCC:EoT,andskyrim-esque sketches.

Scan_20160801.png

seemed only fitting I start this series off with the same character as last time.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Arcade said:

Yes...YES, let the Cringe flow through you... :D

Nice sketches man, I gotta say Cream in Knight Armor actually looks really cool rather then just a generic little kid we're used to saying.

The cringe is strong with this one...

Thanks! Honestly it was a toss-up between trying to fit them into some form of middle age-esque Arthurian role, or just saying "screw it, I'll just draw them all as knights!"

27 minutes ago, Ishapar said:

For Darkcringe, is his left eye supposed to be shaded darker than his right?

Yes, yes it is.

because edge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I've been pretty absent from the art scene as of late, (and in that absence I still haven't drawn more knightly sonic sadly) so without further adieu here's some redesigns of mixed reception characters:

First up is a picture I've already posted to deviantart a while back that I feel should both make up for not doing anything at all and deserves a mention here:

Scan_20160807.png

Amy rose with bike shorts, which solves the problem most people have with the continuous upskirting via her terrible dress design (though that shouldn't really be a sticking point as classic amy didn't even wear anything at all underneath her dress)

And second up is a combination of both a (not sure but I believe is legit and completely surreal) concept sketch of BOOM! Eggman and the infamously unoriginal villain for blaze; eggman nega:

Scan_20160824.png

Decided to name him after SatAM's version of robotnik (as nega was always more deranged then eggman if memory serves correct), if official sega Robotnik's name is Ivo Robotnik with eggman as a nickname, then Julian Nega makes for a good hat tip in my opinion.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

heh, well this isnt really sonic related, I felt as though I needed to share it without drowning the sketch-a-day section and it is technically a "concept'esque" sketch that came to me from literally 4 different things. the first was an overall dislike for a story on FF.net, the second was because of me listening to destiny music at the time while looking for am2r, the third a picture of a jerboa, and lastly Torque and the (never seen) chasers from freedom planet.

it all culminated in this:

Scan_20160923 (5).png

In the end I'm gonna classify this as Freedom Planet fanart, as we never see other chasers aside from torque in the first and (as of this post) none at all in the second game.

now to keep this sonic related, here's a picture of vanilla dressed like toriel:

Scan_20160915 (6).png

goat mom being rabbit mom is all fun and games until you realise that her daughter would have a fate worse than death isn't around.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

well I already showed this one to jcblue in my status updates, but I feel that it should also be posted here (A.K.A. I am still super proud of it and want to show it off somewhere more visible) :

 

Scan_20160915.png

believe it or not this was inspired by a rug, and also to keep this as a sonic related post heres a meh aleena dressed like rose quartz:

scan_20161011__3.png

to quote (the generally repeated joke of) a relatively crude parody of GoW, slightly altered for situational humour; sonic IS mom.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 9/25/2016 at 6:28 PM, F07E said:

heh, well this isnt really sonic related, I felt as though I needed to share it without drowning the sketch-a-day section and it is technically a "concept'esque" sketch that came to me from literally 4 different things. the first was an overall dislike for a story on FF.net, the second was because of me listening to destiny music at the time while looking for am2r, the third a picture of a jerboa, and lastly Torque and the (never seen) chasers from freedom planet.

it all culminated in this:

Scan_20160923 (5).png

In the end I'm gonna classify this as Freedom Planet fanart, as we never see other chasers aside from torque in the first and (as of this post) none at all in the second game.

now to keep this sonic related, here's a picture of vanilla dressed like toriel:

Scan_20160915 (6).png

goat mom being rabbit mom is all fun and games until you realise that her daughter would have a fate worse than death isn't around.

I hope Cream loves buttercups. XP

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Just a Lil perspective practicing, added an attempt at an FP2 version of who I'm thinking of calling spark:

IMG_20170119_103509.jpg

Kinda rough, but it is a heck of an improvement over how I was before.

Edited by F07E
grammer
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, F07E said:

Just a Lil perspective practicing, added an attempt at an FP2 version of who I'm thinking of calling spark:

IMG_20170119_103509.jpg

Kinda rough, but it is a heck of an improvement over how I was before.

That's pretty cool, actually. Sort of looks like what an OC would logically look like in the FP universe...for better and worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WarTraveller said:

That's pretty cool, actually. Sort of looks like what an OC would logically look like in the FP universe...for better and worse.

Thanks!!! as opposed to the first time I drew them, this time that was the immediate intention so its good to know I nailed it. (Side note: personally I hope it leans more towards the better side of OC rather than the worse, as I try not to be TOO crazy and/or lazy.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2017 at 9:53 PM, F07E said:

scanned version of the pic from earlier today:

Scan_20170119.png

(Fix: slightly cleaned up and more finished too)

I see you made the character digigrade. Interesting! I got to commend you - you are getting better. I like how you are deviating from the original Sonic style more and more to make something much more your own.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
18 hours ago, Wulfsbane said:

Anything new @F07E you would like to share?

well there was this:

scan_20170401__2__by_ipwntehnoobs-db4d2u0.thumb.png.6c1997d575440c091d87f1a81a6a74be.png

dunno why but I was thinking of crossover's (namely series that could manage to do it without really damaging the original settings while also being franchises I personally like), wasn't too happy with how this one ended up though, angles and scaling felt off too me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wulfsbane said:

Looks like SatAM and Fallout New Vegas

Was definitely going for SatAM, but more with the freedom planet oc from before than new Vegas as the pseudo crossover (was playing fallout at the time so i guess it bled through which is kinda funny.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

After seeing and trying on what had to be the ugliest sets of glasses, I came across one different than the rest, and HAD to draw this:

IMG_20170509_151110.thumb.jpg.d6d4664721da292c7b020043bfc5311e.jpg

Seriously the pair looked like robotnik's style of glasses, with a smidgen more flair.

I also doodled this:

IMG_20170509_151233.thumb.jpg.0ae77658b90b4829ad1c4e624a1ce2cc.jpg

Gettin better at perspective, awwww yeeeeaaah!!!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

after listening to a bunch of 8-bit sonic soundtracks I wound up doodling early proto-sonic, and then added a younger vanilla based in part on my first concept interpretation, and then gave another shot at the cream concepts I couldnt see in the original picture, AND THEN I drew a really edgy witchcart surrounding the three of them like sonic 2's box art:

scan_20170928.thumb.png.040c86ccb8be70159ffbc40975ae740e.png

the end result: I honestly want this to be a game now, like really badly. maybe make it sort of like tails adventure or sonic advance 3, set it long before the events of sonic 1, have each character play different from both each other and the usual sonic gameplay, etc and so forth. it would be a nice spinoff I think, and definitely not be too detrimental to the sonic series at large.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...