Age of Mobius: The Trial

Mike Arcade

[WarTraveller - Aria]

As the husky left in a hurry the Tiger near Aria simply smiled "Well that's Kalen for you, always trying to help someone out, come on I'll show you the back."

Azriel lead Aria to the back room, the smell of fresh bread and bagels surrounded the kitchen making it feel like home. "This is where we make every amount of goodies you can think of...well okay not every kind of goody, you can't package up this Teeger after all!" The Tiger awkwardly chucked at his own poor attempt at humor as he tried to break the ice. "Umm, anyway..." Just then Azriel eyes flashed wide open "Oh crap I forgot, I need to put in some more bread in the oven! Heya Aria, could you take a few orders out front for me? I mean I know you sell a lot of good produce to Kal before so...you wouldn't mind right? I just need to straighten things out here before I give ya the Kitchen tour."

[Wulfsbane - Alexis]

As she scoured the tundra for Kalen or any signs of life,all she could notice was a scarlet light through the fog of the dark sky, as the march of metal drummed towards her. The first figure she saw was something metal and black, holding a familiar Husky in it's hand. Before she could scream out she was deafened by the sound of a bomb and as she tumbled back into the trench all she saw around her was nothing but metal scraps as if she were in a junkyard. The trench seemed much more deeper that before, as she tried to get up, the walls began to close in...

Then, the Rabbit woke up. Alexis screamed herself awake from the bizarre and vivid nightmare.

[TheRedStranger - Kalen]

"Whoever you are young man...thank you..." before the Husky could get a word in the phone clicked off, at least now Paulie's Mother was given a chance for safety so long as everything went according to plan. 

The Doberman sighed in relief. "Kal, I can't thank you enough." 

Kalen’s eyes lingered up and down the contours of Paulie’s body. “I forgot you had no clothes on...” His nose blushed as he clumsily hung up the phone, distracted by Paulie’s coy smile. “I think we should get you dressed; I don’t want to be a creep and just ogle you for an hour before our guests arrive...I...”

The Doberman leaned into Kalen, then  cut him off with a kiss tight against his lips. As she broke the kiss, she stayed close. Holding him she whispered: "Are you really sure about that?"

“...I’m not...” He admitted, his ears down turned close to his head. “And I am not sure that’s a good thing...” Kalen gripped her back. “I don’t know what we are getting ourselves into, Paulie. It...it feels like The Solstice all over again, with...her....” He did not want to say Alexa’s name, as if to ward away a spirit of possible jealousy in Paulie. “But you are, well more like me. And that’s more right, right?”

Paulie was taken aback, although she did understand Kalen's worry. At the same time she couldn't help but feel a spark of jealousy when compared to Alexa. She could swing his heart over to her favor, but would that truly be the right thing to do? "I think...that as long as we truly love each other, as in who we really are, who else can say anything against it?" The Doberman gripped him tighter as if he could slip from his grip at any moment. "I can't blame you both for what happened, had it been me instead...safe to say we'd have done the same."

Kalen broke a small smile. “I was cuter back then...Too bad your getting me off the used goods rack...” He scratched at his stomach, embarrassed."

Paulie giggled as she gave a playful jab to the Husky's stomach. "So humble, and your just as charming as I remember." She nuzzled his neck. "I'm not one to talk either."

“Two to talk...” Kalen corrected. He gingerly rubbed her rounded stomach with a coy smirk. “You forget how to count, goofus? You have an excuse...” 

On 16/05/2018 at 7:18 AM, Mike Arcade said:

Azriel lead Aria to the back room, the smell of fresh bread and bagels surrounded the kitchen making it feel like home. "This is where we make every amount of goodies you can think of...well okay not every kind of goody, you can't package up this Teeger after all!" The Tiger awkwardly chucked at his own poor attempt at humor as he tried to break the ice. "Umm, anyway..." Just then Azriel eyes flashed wide open "Oh crap I forgot, I need to put in some more bread in the oven! Heya Aria, could you take a few orders out front for me? I mean I know you sell a lot of good produce to Kal before so...you wouldn't mind right? I just need to straighten things out here before I give ya the Kitchen tour."

"Or-Orders?" Aria asked, a small twinge forming in the back of her throat, "This is a little direct, is it not? I have only just got here, I..." Aria stopped, taking a moment to calm herself. This was her big break...well, more of a middling break. Actually it was more of a small break, but nonetheless it would be a poor move to just disregard it. It was payment for duties, simplistic duties at that. Plus, it may be one of the few ways she could find her sister. She turned back to the Tiger and coughed slightly to clear her throat, "My apologies. So, where do I start? What is the uniform?"

• 2 weeks later...