Has Valve finally learn how to count to three?

Nagol

If you are like me you've basically given up looking for any news of Half-Life 3 or any non-team/online co-op game to be released by gaming legends, Valve. However a recent video was posted on Youtube that caught my eye. Watch it and tell me what you think. Another one of Gabe Newell's tricks into dashing our hopes? Or did Valve finally open a basic math text and learned to count to three? One can only hope.   

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nagol said:

If you are like me you've basically given up looking for any news of Half-Life 3 or any non-team/online co-op game to be released by gaming legends, Valve. However a recent video was posted on Youtube that caught my eye. Watch it and tell me what you think. Another one of Gabe Newell's tricks into dashing our hopes? Or did Valve finally open a basic math text and learned to count to three? One can only hope.   

I pray so. Valve's pursuit to eat into the Wondows Market with their new O.S and eat away at their gaming monopoly is something I definitely support and I think more Valve games would help. If pulled off right this will just make Windows force to innovate and improve, and subsequently the consumer will win. :)

I own both an Apple and Windows Machine and love how Steam accommodates for my both my 5K Mac (Audio and Graphcis design) and my custom "Overlord" Gaming/writing/bussiness PC. If they make an O.S with free games on it optimized for said O.S it would sweeten the deal for their "Bigger Picture." Realsing new software like this content should be a top priority. Games like Dead Rising Three could be their version of lead of SoA Tom Kalinski's Sonic/Genisis bundle.  Kalinski broke Nintendo's monopoly on the console market by making Sonic free to play with your new Genisis. Before you know it - they had taken 65% of the console market. This could happen under the guidance of the great and mighty Gabe if they dished out killer free apps for O.S.

On the other hand though, I'd they focus too much on hardware like the Vive, Steam Link, and Steam Controller irather than giving their new gaming O.S IP power and killer features then they could even make something as great as the Dreamcast and be too late to fix the problem that would come from it. If they want people to adopt their product, best learn from history. If they learn to Count to Three along with a new O.S then they can really start a PC gaming renaissance like consoles had in the 90's.