https://github.com/Rubberduckycooly/Sonic-1-2-2013-Decompilation

Wanted to share this with all of you, it's a fan project that allows you to play the Christian Whitehead Android Ports on PC and other consoles.

It allows you to doggle options such as having 7 Emeralds in Sonic 1, Insta-shield, Drop Dash (a new addition), and more much more easier to go with save files of your choice. Just some good quality quality of life changes, plus mods!

It's similar to what Sonic 3 A.I.R. did some time ago, and I'd highly recommend you to check out the best ports of Sonic 1 & 2. All you need is the Android ports themselves and you are good to go, which are very cheap and easy to find.

Edit: Broadened out the topic more so.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 3/28/2021 at 8:27 PM, Mike Arcade said:

https://github.com/Rubberduckycooly/Sonic-1-2-2013-Decompilation

Wanted to share this with all of you, it's a fan project that allows you to play the Christian Whitehead Android Ports on PC and other consoles.

It allows you to doggle options such as having 7 Emeralds in Sonic 1, Insta-shield, Drop Dash (a new addition), and more much more easier to go with save files of your choice. Just some good quality quality of life changes, plus mods!

It's similar to what Sonic 3 A.I.R. did some time ago, and I'd highly recommend you to check out the best ports of Sonic 1 & 2. All you need is the Android ports themselves and you are good to go, which are very cheap and easy to find.

I would broaden this topic to include similar endeavors, Mike. Fan-made Ports. 

• Like 1

• Mike Arcade changed the title to Sonic Fan Made Ports

Just wanted to showcase some neat Soundtrack mods, such as Seperate US Past Themes! Custom made Past Tracks that make traveling between present and past more fluid, rather than a bit jarring. So if you want a slightly different experience it’s got my approval.

Here’s an interesting one! It gives a custom soundtrack that’s akin to those for Europe! It’s really neat! A look into what could have been perhaps? I’d say check it out.

• Like 1

https://teamforeveronline.wixsite.com/home/about

These mods of the decompilation of Sonic 1 & 2, Sonic 1 Forever and Sonic 2 Absolute are bug fixed versions of the ports that also allow ease of access for certain features from the ports such as 7 Emeralds and Elemental Shields, along with extra features like the drop dash! There are even mods for these mods, which certainly shows how highly regarded they are. I can’t recommend them enough for fans of Sonic 1 & 2.

• Like 1

• Mike Arcade changed the title to Sonic Fan Made Ports & Mods
  • 9 months later...

With Sonic Origins Plus on the way, I was thinking that while Amy in that collection is pretty neat, I'd have preferred Mighty and Ray. At the very least with this Mod, I can at least have Mighty in Sonic CD.

This flew over the radar for me, but I thought sharing it would be apt. Although it does just want me to have more Mighty in the games. XP

And Ray, never forget about the Flying Squirrel boy.

• 6 months later...