Welcome one and all to a brand new topic for the site, another series of Forum topics much like WYDD and WCHBD, it's YHC!

As in, You're Head Canon! Do you have a personal take on the series that makes sense to you, or is there a popular consensus that you agree with? Let us know what you've got!

I'll start with one that's wildly popular, and one that I've kinda always thought made sense.

The Popular Consensus one is that the Classic Games/Era takes place around the course of 4 years. This is kinda also a way to explain the massive age gap Amy had from 8 in the Classic games, to 12 by SA1. But under that logic, with exception to Tails, every other character like Sonic and Knuckles is younger as well. That would make Tails 12, which really doesn't change too much I suppose, but with the ages removed on Sonicchannel.jp I suppose it's free reign on what ages most of the characters are at this point. XP

Now, a Head Canon of mine that makes sense to me is that Metal Sonic's Copy Ability from Sonic the Fighters and onwards, especially regarding Sonic Heroes, is based off of the Gizoid/Emerl. How Eggman managed to install such a feature implies that either he knew about Emerl via his Grandfather's Journal, had it for who knows how long, or somehow got Emerl earlier that we thought but couldn't use him. After all, in Sonic Battle he had much difficulty in trying to activate him before just throwing him away like trash.

My guess is that he tried to replicate the ability via from his Grandfather's notes, so it's not Gizoid accurate as to how good it is for copying abilities, but still really impressive.