Your favourite Sonic Underground episode

Ooh, that's tough to say as it's been awhile since I've seen the show, though fondly remember episodes with Knuckles and the Chaos Emerald Crisis Story Arc, this show had a lot of deception with nearly half of the one shot characters turning out to be traitors or saving the siblings before getting roboticized. Despite Ben Hurst being involved in the show it's weaker then SatAM, and yet overshadowed by AoSTH, that it almost ends up being forgotten even. However there are some diamonds in the rough, as you see the corruption of the wealthy who let everyone else live in squander and fear, you get to see much more of the whole world of Mobius in this Sonic Underground and it ends up very interesting. You get a good sense of the scope of things, and I like that. Also in a bit of a twist Sonic is the closest thing to the straight man in the main cast of characters, and that is something I don't think anyone else could ever say about another other Sonic show.

One episode that I can consider a favorite however now that it comes to mind is Tangled Webs, when an old friend of Sonic ends up working for Robotnik in order to save his dad, however due to the end result being the destruction of Sanctuary (The closest thing to Knothole this show has) which houses a whole bunch of children, he can't go through with it and spills the beans. They end up saving the day but Cyrus' father is apparently lost for good because of this, and despite all that's happened in the episode Sonic and his Siblings forgive him, it was a really good episode. While Robotnik's voice is not as threatening in Sonic Underground the show points out just how much of an evil tyrant Robotnik is, maybe not to the extent of SatAM Robotnik it's pretty close.

I would like the show more if it weren't for the distracting Music Videos, the show is suppose to be like a Rock Opera but the music isn't really good and mostly comes off as grating, except for the main theme. Honestly that and the main premise of the show are the biggest weak points of the show for me and stops it from being something really special. I really should watch some more episodes though and see how good it really is though.

1 hour ago, Mike Arcade said:

I would like the show more if it weren't for the distracting Music Videos, the show is suppose to be like a Rock Opera but the music isn't really good and mostly comes off as grating, except for the main theme. Honestly that and the main premise of the show are the biggest weak points of the show for me and stops it from being something really special. I really should watch some more episodes though and see how good it really is though.

I wish I could go faster...

WARNING, CRINGE LEVELS REACHING CRITICAL.

A bit difficult for me because I've yet to finish the entire series thanks to Netflix dropping it... might have to see if it's on YouTube or another service. Anyway, thus far my favourite was Episode 2: To Catch a Queen. Seeing them get close and their mother's guard get roboticized was very emotional. The robotization process seemed more goulish in Underground to me.

• 1 month later...