He blinked a few times, his vision coming back slowly. Soon, he could easily distinguish Mujah's face after her help.

"Y-yes, I can see now...thank you. My help? What do you need, what's going on?" The painful and surpsinsing experience left him temporarily scatterbrained, but a simple reminder should help him.

• 2 weeks later...

Azrael winced at the splashes of acid on him, while painful the mild burns would have to be endured to catch these Thieves. However the panicked crowd proves troublesome, as Caleb and Mujab prepared a plan to catch them Azrael has a proposition.

"I'll distract the crowd and get them out of your way long enough, I hope this plan of yours works." Azrael proceeded to shout at the crowd as he stood at higher ground to grab their attention. "People, please remain calm! We are not your enemy, your foes lie within the shadows of society that we intend to stomp out so that you may all live in peace. Hear my call and listen!"

• 3 weeks later...

[Rolled 18]

Azrael spoke their language as fluently as he could, pleading to this people to catch this criminals "These men have swindled you of untold riches, possibly taken the lives of those you love, they will kill again if they are not stopped now. Here me as I speak you're tongue, know that I am of your blood and it calls to me to protect you all! Let us pass and bring you these men, to bring them to justice."

Azrael's call to the crowd rang true for them, the crowd talked among themselves as they slowly began to part for his allies to get through. He smiled at the people before him, raising his spirits to see everyone in agreement working together and parting, this sight gave Azrael misty eyes. But this enjoyment would have to wait, they have some thieves to catch.

The portly man reached the cities lofty sandstone walls and thick, iron-braced gates, gasping and groaning. He glanced back, doubled over, sweat dripping from his brow, and then yelled at his two cohorts. They struggled and stumbled over their feminine robes as they hurried to catch up with the man. Azreal, Mujha, and even Caleb could see them clearly as the crowd parted. With crowd clearing the way, now was the time to rush after them before they could loose them in the city. 

"Yes, Caleb!" Mujha said hastily, "Stop him! Or catch him...or kill him, I do not know. But! I have an idea that we can go with! It is going to sound...odd, but..." Mujha breathed a hasty sigh, "I am going to grab you, have you sit on my shoulders and we will run after them. You can then use this height advantage to stop them with your spells, yes?"

19 hours ago, ILOVEVHS said:

Caleb snapped back up after the shaking got some sense into him, "H-huh? Stop him?" He looked all over, before his eyes stopped where the trio was fleeing.  [Am I able to use Magic Missile for this situation?]

[Depends...have you been reading your spell book lately whilst resting?]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[I rolled an 18 myself so I'll be up first, I want Azrael to Dash toward the guy.]

The people parted before Azrael as he rushed toward the portly man, with rejuvenated vigor and the criminal dead in his sights justice will be done before the sun sets. "Caleb, Mujha, after him now's our chance!"

[Alrighty then. I'm ready to Dash too. That means it's up to you, VHS.]

"Got it! Caleb, hold on!" Mujha said, grabbing the man and hoisting him on her strong shoulders, "This will be an extremely bumpy ride!"

And, with a clomp of her heavy boots, Mujha rushed out into the crowds at full sprint towards the escaping offenders. Things were a blur, and Mujha did not even have the time to register them, as she weaved and dodged her way through the crowd. At times she even considered merely shoulder-dashing through the confused patrons to get at these people, but she knew this could not be the case; Mujha was strong, but Caleb was tall, and the combined balance issues caused Mujha to struggle with weaving through the crowds. She knew if he fell off, the opportunity to catch these...things would be lost. And she was not about to let that happen. Not when they tried to attack her for something as simple as saying hello. Not when this was her fault.

The mad dash continued, with Mujha rushing through the market, holding tightly onto Caleb's legs as he clutched onto his spellbook and Mujha's right hand in response. The market was busy, bustling, festooned with a number of people all going about their daily business buying and selling and eating their gains like so many others. Again, Mujha did not have time to stop, so she simply and quickly leaped up onto someone's wheelbarrow, soaring over the crowds and landing on the other end of a large crowd. This almost threw Caleb off, but Mujha took a sharp turn left into a quieter part of the crowds that swung him back upright. Finally, the clomping of Mujha's boots increased in intensity and volume as she made one last push towards the would-be escapees, rushing to the point that she was clearly behind them.

"Hurry..." Mujha panted, "I am running out of energy, I cannot keep this up for long. Caleb! Now is your chance!"

He held on as tight as he could, finding the best projectile he had in memory through his book. Breathing deeply, sweat pouring down his forehead, Caleb struggled to stay on, especially after she lept onto the other side of the crowd. Waiting until a good moment, but making sure that he didn't waste Mujha's energy. "Almost...and..." His eyes dead set on the escapees, he quickly aimed his finger towards them, firing a beam made from magic energy.

[Caleb rolled 15 worth of damage on all three darts! Critical hit on all three assailants!]
 A thick gilded stave of blazing magical force zipped from the mage's fingers. Threading between legs and over the heads of gawking passer-bys it suddenly split over a couple of gawking merchant's turbans as they mulled around a steaming hot-pot of some sour smelling vegetable stew. The glowing stave then exploded into three splintery daggers and then zoomed and whistled like a deranged song bird at Caleb's targets. 

The first imapled deep into the fatty rump of the portly man. He hopped and yowled and staggered as he ran, his pace now an even more embarrassing hobble. The second stuck between the shoulder blades of the acid-thrower. "She" frantically danced and twirled, cursing in a gruff tenor as she was distracted with the sudden urge to remove the searing sting from "her" back. The third was the most impressive, an act worthy of a magician. Lifting the hem of "her" feminine robes, revealing muscled and hairy legs, the third thug, looked back at the speeding, pursuing dart with a gasp. The imposter dived under a cart aside the road only for the dart to drill right through the hinge that held the cart's hatched back. With the crack of wood and thick wall of earthy stink, manure gushed from the back of the cracked open cart, burying the thug in a steamy mound of fly-summoning filth. Laughter and retching rang through the air as the gagging and all but drowning fool struggled to break free from the burdensome mound of dung. Some even clapped and bowed at the performance in respect as Mujha sprinted through their number; her nostrils stung as she did so but the temptation to join in the laughter was equally as great. Oddly mercurial, the crowd about them had gone from suspicious of her to enthralled by her and her wizardly friend's presence. 

In all obviousness, a dart in the backside slowed the far man down just enough for the dashing paladin ahead of Mujha to gain on him. One more hard sprint and he would be bit be able to gain on them but cut them off! 

Their second foe, the acid thrower, scowled in rage as he pressed his back against the gate's wall, wedging out the searing magic needle from his back by prying against the corner of a stone. It clattered to the ground and popped into an explosion of theatrical stardust at his daintly slippered feet. He cursed at the advancing Paladin and produced a small hand-cross bow, already loaded with a bolt of his own. He trained it on Mujha with a smug grin and squeezed the trigger. 

[I rolled a 10+3 on that roll. That's a 13  against your AC. Is that a hit?]

6 hours ago, WarTraveller said:

[Me? Welp, my Armour Class is 18.]

[Be glad you donned your armor when you awoke. You'd have a bolt in your chest if otherwise.]

Mujha's eyes widend in shock only to have the bolt bounce pathetically off her thickly scaled and chain-armored breast, leaving only an embarrassing sting. Her attacker cursed, shouted something in some dialect foreign to Mujha's ears to his partners. They then rushed through the gate, trying to reload. 

Behind her she could hear the groans and sickening scent of the manure-clad as they to tried claw their way out of the dung-mound, fidgeting a fly-swarmed hand into their soiled robes....

[ @Mike Arcade .] 

[Rolled a 19]

Azrael slowed his pace toward their heavy boss to the Acid Thrower left standing, approaching near him the paladin grabbed his shield to swing it toward the thief in a chance to knock him down and unconscious. He raised his shield over to his side with his left hand, and with all his strength swung it across!