17 hours ago, MoKat said:

I agree.  Gotta have a strongman & I'd rather see Haggar make the roster over Zangief.  Don't get me wrong; I had fun playing Zangief in the past, but he's been in enough SF games ;)

Indeed, same goes for Dhalsim. While I like both characters overall, others need more time in the spotlight now, both old favorites, obscure characters, and newer characters. Same goes for Blanka, with Necro he’s like a combo of Blanka and Dhalsim, always been a favorite of mine in SF3.

Although, such classic characters would be great to see in a future crossover game like MVC or CVS.

Scummy as it sounds, certainly fan favorites like Ken, Yun, and Yang I would make into DLC, although for Ken and Yun specifically I’d space them out to a Season 2 or 3.

SFV had a major DLC pacing problem until it’s last 2 or so Seasons, having characters that should have been in the base roster, or in one season’s case having only brand new characters as DLC. In this age of Season Passes for Fighters, you really gotta balance things out, lest you end up like DOA6 with no real reason to buy it when a majority of characters are already in the final edition of the last game.

At least SNK does DLC mostly well, but Namco Bandai tended to make their Tekken DLC Characters way too powerful at their debut to an insane degree. Arc System Works for Guilty Gear Strive is far too peckish with its DLC and base roster, although the characters are balanced and fun.

Edited by Mike Arcade

Sega Lord X makes some excellent content, highlighting one of the best fan games ever made. Plus, a link to the newest version! So you can all play it too. It’s awesome and I highly recommend it. Then play SOR4 after that, which is a worthy official sequel and a great game in its own right.

@ByTor, Prince of Ro’den thought I’d also post this too, seriously Team Real Bout is a must have team for me. ^_^

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/UchuMegaFight

http://uchuzine.com/umf/e.html

Check this one out guys, it's a simple, short, yet fun Fighter based on the Famicom game Joy Mech Fight. You play as one of several Robots in this Free Browser Game, playable on (as far as I can tell) any browser, or OS. Be it Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Android! Has a crossover with the Indie Fighter Robo Oh (available on Steam, but it's very cheap).

In any case, it's worth a shot checking out at no cost at all. Works with gamepads too! What's cool about this game is that you can play any of the characters in the style of Street Fighter, Joy Mech Fight, and in a style like Smash Bros! Can't recommend this little game enough. Check it out. :) 

• Thanks 1

I'm surprised I hadn't posted about this one before 🤷‍♀️

FNAF: Security Breach Fury's Rage - Official Full Gameplay and Cutscenes

The intro. is hilarious and I like how it breaks the 4th wall. 😄

There's nothing revolutionary about the graphics or gameplay, but it was fun to play for a while ( I got bored with it quickly though). Lots of fanservice too, but that's part of the fun. I seemed to do best with Monty.

You can still get the Windows version for free at GameJolt.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just a follow up video from one of my favorite youtubers that look into Fighting Games.

But that's not what I want to share...

We're getting a Fighting Collection from Capcom! The entire Darkstalkers Series from the Arcade (including Japan Only version of Vampire Saviors/Darkstalkers 3), alongside other oddballs like Cyberbots, Pocket Fighter (using it's shorter name), Puzzle Fighter (not a fighter, but hey it's a fun game), Hyper Street Fighter II (after it's exclusion from the previous Street Fighter Collection), and last but not least, for the first time ever...

The First CPS3 Arcade Game, Red Earth! A Fantasy Fighter/Boss Rush game with cool characters and a level up system like an RPG. Simply put, Just for Darkstalkers and HSFII alone it's an excellent looking title. Best of all, EVERY GAME gets Online Play, with the currently best Netcode around including Ranking. I'd highly recommend getting this when you can, on sale for those who don't normally play these games.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mike Arcade said:

The entire Darkstalkers Series from the Arcade (including Japan Only version of Vampire Saviors/Darkstalkers 3)

*applauds*

21 hours ago, Mike Arcade said:

Puzzle Fighter (not a fighter, but hey it's a fun game),

Oh yeah; that's the Street Fighter flavored Tetris clone where clearing X number of lines makes characters perform different fighting moves. The mobile versions were shut down back in 2018. so it's nice to see Capcom showing it some love.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
47 minutes ago, MoKat said:

I never got to play any of the Bloody Roar games, but the series (especially the characters) looked interesting.

According to the Bloody Roar Wiki, there were 6 games in the series, and a fake announcement about Bloody Roar 5.

I'll say this, the first two games can be really tough to play through, especially the latter if you want to unlock the Secret Boss...which, you only have one shot to fight him. X_X

Otherwise, they're all pretty good to awesome games. The best ones are 2 and Primal Fury/Extreme, I do like the first one though and you could check out 3. 4 is the weakest entry in the whole series and a complete downer that the series ended off on. Hopefully, Eighting can get the rights and have Konami let them make a new entry in the series. Considering how they've headed a majority of popular, well received fighters like Tatsunoko and Marvel vs. Capcom 3, yeah I'd be awesome to see what they could do.

I only hope they'd retcon 4, yes it's story is that bad. Despite some of it's pretty cool newcomers.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

A underrated fan favorite Neo Geo fighter (not made by SNK or any of it's 2nd Party developers at that time, mind you) has come out for all consoles and PC with all the bells and whistles fighting fans love. Thought it would be neat to point out, for as obvious and rather tropey these characters are, it's still a very solid title.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Street Fighter II Pocky Edition! The **NEW** SF2 Game With a Special Challenge!! GTV 144 Season 8 EP1

Partial transcript

Beginning on November 29th, 2022, Japanese snack maker, Glico teamed up with Capcom to release Street Fighter II Pocky K.O. Edition! A special limited edition of the stuff went on sale with special Street Fighter II packaging, featuring Ryu and Chun-Li on the box! As an aside the Chun-Li boxes feature the “thin” version of Pocky, because, a right and proper woman has to watch her figure!

Street Fighter II Pocky K.O. Edition was created to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the entire Street Fighter series and takes its inspiration from the limited time “Pocky Challenge” from 2019 found in Street Fighter V. Wait V? What happened to Street Fighter IV? Or III? I only remember re-re-re-re-releases of Street Fighter II over and over again!

The Back of the box tells you all you need to know. Scan the QR code or just type in pocky-ko-game.glico.com and you’ll go right the game! You will need a secret password to gain access, which is featured on the inside of the box.

You should probably go track down a box of Street Fighter II Pocky for yourself to get the code. Because after all, you want to support Capcom, and not just get a free ride, right?

I’ll share the password, but just keep it between us, OK?

The challenge will end in June, btw.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm loving how Tekken 8 is turning out, and so far it's got a great cast of characters be default (although I'd really want to have Armor King as part of the default roster, he's always been my favorite Tekken character).

I certainly know June is gonna be crazy when Street Fighter 6 comes out, and with all the Rollback Netcode updates for fighting games as of late, it's certainly a great time to be a fan. :)

It's a great time to be an SNK fan, and the Garou/Fatal Fury Sequel is certainly changed up compared to what the original Garou 2 was gonna be. We got Andy and Joe!

Also, while I would have thought Krizalid would have been the next Free update Boss Character, it's always great to see Goenitz. Although fighting him can be a major pain though. XP

• Thanks 1

Has anybody tried Street Fighter: Duel yet?

Street Fighter Duel aka SF Duel is a mobile game created by A PLUS JAPAN/Crunchyroll Games that is available for multiple platforms.

I was wondering if it was any good; I was also wondering if any of the codes here worked ;)

{Edit: Only 2 codes worked for me; each gave me 500 gems:}

AnimeAwards2023

Time2FRYYY

Edited by MoKat
more info.

I was curious enough to see how a Street Fighter RPG would work, so I installed it & played through the first part. I'm enjoying it so far, but we'll see how long it keeps my attention ;)

I selected Ken as my starter and drew Cammy, Dan, Abel, & Sakura. I still have Poison (freebie u get in chapter 1) in my line-up because of her AoE damage and combo potential. Auto-battle is a nice feature and is competent enough to win battles while I figure out the nuances of the combo system.

I just discovered that Mech Zangeif is a thing, btw 😅

• Like 1

On 4/18/2023 at 3:03 PM, MoKat said:

I just discovered that Mech Zangeif is a thing, btw 😅

Yeah he is. XD

He was originally a Super Armor Pallet swap of Zangief that first showed up in Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter as a secret character. Was also in MVC1 and 2 as a Super Transformation. But since about SFxT they gave him a new design, it's hilarious.

Gotta say, other than the downside of waiting for Akuma next year, SF6 looks really good. Love the World Tour mode and how you basically kinda make a custom character, let alone going around the world to train with the characters. I'm more shocked to see that the alternate Modern Controls are going to be allowed in actual tournaments, that's a literal game changer for the FGC. Makes me wonder if that control scheme will be viable for tournament play, and this is coming from a guy who isn't really into Fighting game Tournaments.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.mortalkombat.com/en-us

Mortal Kombat 1 announced!

…wait. XD

Not linking the trailer because, well it’s Mortal Kombat, and some may not care for its violence (which is very quick to the point if the trailer is anything to go by).

All the Klassic characters confirmed so far are those you expect, although Shang Tsung as a pre-order bonus is kinda lame since they did that last time.

Otherwise, it was a neat teaser. On the site though it reveals two things. Jean-Claude Van Damme is a skin for Johnny Cage, which is just going full circle here, and we have something called Kameo Fighters. From the sound of it, they’re like Assists from MVC and Strikers from KOF. I just hope 3D era Characters are only relegated as Assists.

Overall, I’m sure the game itself will be fine, probably better than MK11. But I am cautious about the Story Mode as the last game’s story was garbage in execution, not including certain characterizations.

• Thanks 1

Wait...since when was Liu Kang a fire god? Did I miss something?

On 5/18/2023 at 10:47 AM, Mike Arcade said:

All the Klassic characters confirmed so far are those you expect, although Shang Tsung as a pre-order bonus is kinda lame since they did that last time.

I agree; definitely lame 🙄

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MoKat said:

Wait...since when was Liu Kang a fire god? Did I miss something?

The ending of MK11 had Raiden giving him his god powers, turning Liu Kang into a Fire God. Then in the DLC story MK11 Aftermath, he let some more time travel stuff happen, take out Shang Tsung, and rewrote the timeline to what we'll see in MK1.

The last game's story was garbage though, and they really screwed up a Time Shenanigan plot with a really dull antagonist from that game. It could have been written way better is what I'm saying, and that's not even getting into the needless retcons in MK11 like Sindel always being evil.

Hopefully, with this complete reboot we'll get better writing. Mortal Kombat has a lot of potential story wise, though it was never told as well as it could have been.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

David Cage talks about the new Mortal Kombat 1 after participating in the stress test.

In this we talk about my overall thoughts on Mortal Kombat 1 and what I liked and didn't like about the game after playing the stress test. Anyways I hope you guys enjoy the video :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I’d post about some KOF stuff and lore. Both of which are detailed recounts of the first 4 games in the series from 94 to 97.

Contrary to popular belief, fighting games DO have stories. XP

Although of course, any of them could be heavily expanded in say a novel or show. At least with SNK, they heavily thought it over before it became more of a thing in the genre. Heck, if we don’t count Samurai Shodown, The Last Blade, and ADK games like World Heroes there’s like 2 Main Timelines SNK has.

Not counting spinoffs like KOF EX or Maximum Impact, and the Metal Slug series.

• Thanks 1