News About Live Action Sonic Movies & Their Spin-offs

MoKat

I realized we needed a topic like that^ when I read this:

Paramount confirms 'Sonic 3' movie and Knuckles spinoff TV series [Engadget]

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 won't hit theaters until April 8th, but a third movie is already in the works. Paramount confirmed that Sonic 3 is now in development, along with a Paramount+ streaming series based on Sonic sidekick Knuckles, starring Idris Elba. "We are delighted to announce that the third Sonic theatrical film and the first live action Sonic series for Paramount+ are being actively developed," said Sega CEO Haruki Satomi in a tweet.

• MoKat changed the title to News About Live Action Sonic Movies & Their Spin-offs
  • 2 weeks later...

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (2022) - "Final Trailer" - Paramount Pictures

The world’s favorite blue hedgehog is back for a next-level adventure in SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2. After settling in Green Hills, Sonic is eager to prove he has what it takes to be a true hero. His test comes when Dr. Robotnik returns, this time with a new partner, Knuckles, in search for an emerald that has the power to destroy civilizations. Sonic teams up with his own sidekick, Tails, and together they embark on a globe-trotting journey to find the emerald before it falls into the wrong hands.

From the filmmakers behind The Fast and the Furious and Deadpool, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 stars James Marsden, Ben Schwartz as the voice of Sonic, Tika Sumpter, Natasha Rothwell, Adam Pally, and Jim Carrey returning, alongside new additions Shemar Moore, with Idris Elba as the voice of Knuckles, and Colleen O'Shaughnessey as the voice of Tails.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Wulfsbane said:

I can believe some parts. But a lot of this reads like an early draft.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, Wulfsbane said:

I mean Big over Rouge? Does anyone honestly belive that?

Not me 🤪

{Edit: *quotes source for clarity...*

The Team will have to face what Robotnik’s grandfather has created, Project Shadow. Things go from bad to worse when Robotnik obtains the Mini Emeralds from the destroyed Chaos Emerald, and creates his robotic version of Sonic, which will be used for the scientist to get his sinister revenge!

Teaming up with Shadow, they intend to defeat the Hedgehog once and for all. Through a dimensional portal, different creatures, Amy and Big, show up to help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wulfsbane said:

I can believe some parts. But a lot of this reads like an early draft.

I mean Big over Rouge? Does anyone honestly belive that?

I know right? Unless they’re saving her for The Series on Paramount, an After Credits Scene, or a Shadow Spin-Off, her not showing up is a little strange.

On that note, while Big doesn’t have pretty much any narrative weight, how does that coordinate with Amy? Is he like a Big Brother to her?

For that matter, I can imagine that Amy could be way different from her game counterpart. Similar to Boom perhaps? Because I can’t imagine her being adapted straight up from the games.

We all know that Shadow will be the focus of the movie, as for Metal Sonic, I have a theory. He’ll replace the Biolizard as the big creature in the end of the film for the Hedgehogs to fight. It would streamline things, though everything else is up in the air for now.