What would you like to see in IDW Sonic?

DaddlerTheDalek

59 minutes ago, Prince By-Tor said:

If I could I'd like it to have the SatAM lore/comic from issue 20-74.

I know realistically that's a pipe dream, so I'm one, for me at least, if it continues being SoJ/ games based then I would like for them to leave the SatAM cast out; I'm sick of how they've been basically defiling their memory as of late in Archie.

Or at the very least if they are gonna have both elements have mixed evenly and have the FFs have their own adventures and let both have some degree of development like 160-251. Granted maybe not like Flynn entirely but some flare. 

10 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

What and who would you like to see in IDW Sonic comics?

Simple, really. A new story, with a new Sonic, and new characters, that doesn't tie itself down to the Classic games or the previous comic series. I want something fresh and new. Basically, take what I said when talking about reinventing the Archie comics...

...And apply that here. Oh yes, and NONE of the people who worked on the Archie comic should come back. None of them. Not even Yardly. Things cannot change if things stay the same.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2017 at 4:36 PM, WarTraveller said:

What and who would you like to see in IDW Sonic comics?

A new take on the Freedom Fighters, number one. A continuation of the preboot would be both naive and legally impossible, but I'd really like to see them dive back into the rich history and lore that universe that universe gave us, along with some new bits added- new redesigns, backstories, worldbuilding... this extension of the Sonic multiverse needs to have its own identity. Elements of the games are welcome too, I suppose, but the Sonic comics have traditionally centered around the FF, and I'd like to see this company's take on their unique and wonderful world. (And for pity's sake, let them refer to their world as "Mobius", SEGA. Yeesh.)

On 7/29/2017 at 4:36 PM, WarTraveller said:

Oh yes, and NONE of the people who worked on the Archie comic should come back. None of them. Not even Yardly. Things cannot change if things stay the same.

I agree that IDW needs to get some fresh artists and writers to give this comic life, but I don't think I'd be too opposed to Flynn, Yardley, Stanley, or Bates making a comeback... (can you tell that I'm a HUGE fan of these beautiful people?) Their respective contributions to the Archie comics shouldn't be ignored, and if the IDW comics are heading in a new direction, I'd love to see their individual takes on it. But really, I'm still on top of the world that Penders hasn't tried to elbow his way into this and destroy it like he did to the preboot.

• 1 month later...

Dont worry Halo, I highly highly doubt Penders will weasel his way into this. IDW probably knows the situation (and how Penders and his twitter account have made him unhirable in the industry) as well as Sega probably telling IDW about him.

As for what I would like to see is maybe a side series at the start where Flynn + Crew at least give a proper end to Archie Sonic. Mega Drive included. But after that I think it might be best for IDW to start mostly fresh. I do agree with Halo that it needs establish it's own identity and expand the world better than the game has been doing. There's a huge world out there and we only see a sliver so hopefully more worldbuilding and lore-building too.

Of course the FF need to be in this as well, if not then it's just a monthly game advert. The FF gives the comic that distinct factor that made the comics different from the game.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I found out from someone at DeviantArt that it may not be looking so good at the moment to have the Freedom Fighters be part of the April 2018 IDW Sonic the Hedgehog relaunch and they may back out of buying IDW Sonic at their comic shops if this happens.

Could this be a rumor or something like that?