Suggestions, Questions, and Comments on Site Rules

Rick Tyger

If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion for amendment to the time constraints: 2 days may not be workable for a lot of RPers (and some GMs). I'd suggest maybe a full week, to accommodate people's schedules and unforeseen difficulties better. I've found that rushing people too much leads to confusion and bad RPing. I know that things happen in life that will prevent people from being able to post, or even from being online for a few days. But, such things rarely take a full week to resolve, thus giving some leeway and not unduly punishing someone who may have gone through a hardship.

18 hours ago, Rick Tyger said:

If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion for amendment to the time constraints: 2 days may not be workable for a lot of RPers (and some GMs). I'd suggest maybe a full week, to accommodate people's schedules and unforeseen difficulties better. I've found that rushing people too much leads to confusion and bad RPing. I know that things happen in life that will prevent people from being able to post, or even from being online for a few days. But, such things rarely take a full week to resolve, thus giving some leeway and not unduly punishing someone who may have gone through a hardship.

I see your point. I will bring it up with the guys and we consider it with a vote.

• 3 weeks later...

Like with Rick's old question about the RP rules a few weeks back, you can now get a quick response from us here now. We hope this more concentrated setting will promote actual exchange pertaining to the rules. We merged topics to make this a bit more obvious than it already was that you could comment on the rules threads. We decided to send a more obvious invitation to do so.

[By the way Rick we are talking about that now. We did not forget.]

I'm not too sure about WarTraveler's question above, Wulfsbane or TheRedAuthar could probably better answer that one. As for F07E's question right now.

Just copy the url of a YouTube or other video source from your web brower's address bar and paste the url in the body of the text here, where you type your message. JUst make sure that it's by itself. It should then work no problem.

It should be automatic.

13 hours ago, WarTraveller said:

Sounds like a good place to ask a question. Alright, how exactly will the gallery work? Will it need to go through moderators, will there be specific folders for specific types of art, or what?

I agree with Stanger we should have you guys post the links to your deviantArt accounts so that way you can get the traffic to your stuff as well. We're open to suggestions

7 hours ago, Wulfsbane said:

It should be automatic.

I agree with Stanger we should have you guys post the links to your deviantArt accounts so that way you can get the traffic to your stuff as well. We're open to suggestions

Alright. That makes sense.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay guys an' gals,

Our Creative Writing Thread has been getting some major traction. I'd like to see some more attention towards the Improvathan and Spaghetti threads but I'd also love to hear your guy's ideas for new Creative Writing challenges and games! Also don't forget art challenges as well. If you have ideas - please share them!

• 5 months later...
10 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:

I wanted to ask you guys what you think of the new threads and activities on the site. Also wanted to ask you if you have any ideas for new activities and such. Thoughts?

It's going well. A bit of a shame we don't have that many participating as we'd like, but it's a start.

On 1/14/2017 at 4:22 PM, Wulfsbane said:

A lot of Sonic Boards seem to be quite right now. Just gotta be more proactive and trying to get others on board

It's because of inaction and overdependence on official material during a time they expected a boom of material (the 25th anniversary year). Fans need to realize that they carry Sonic forward, not Sega, Archie, etc. Our message of recruitment also must be a rally cry relevant to and propagating our mission statement. 

Edited by TheRedStranger
  • Like 2