Del Toro is producing the game. And Kojima is getting Sony's full support and is working with Guerilla Games and their Decima Engine. Guerilla is known for the Killzone franchise, which is graphically top-notch, but their storylines sucked. So this is a match made in heaven; Guerilla Games' graphical brawn and Kojima's amazing story telling and perfectionism.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Prince By-Tor said:

http://gamingbolt.com/death-stranding-it-seems-that-kojima-is-fultoning-everyone-from-konami-to-kojima-productions

This is just getting better and better all the time; Konami is just a dried out husk of its former self; good riddance I say.

Yeah, that's great news. It's nice to see that what Kojima hasn't been slowed down by the hardships he's had over the past couple years. I'm not the biggest fan of his work (I was one of the few who disliked P.T. Thought it was a bit...pretentious), but his dedication to what he does is admirable, to say the least. A lot more than Konami's current stance of "YAY PACHINKO".

• Like 1

Agreed, but Kojima is at least one that will push the cutting edge of video games and expand its boundaries, which, like his work or not, in turn benefits the entire gaming industry; we need more visionaries like him. At least Sony knows this and basically gave him a blank cheque; they know he'll make their money back.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2017 at 5:29 PM, Prince By-Tor said:

Despite all the rail-shooters and bottle-necked dialogue trees, Interactive Fiction is indeed the future. Choose Your Own Adventure Books aside, for once in human history we can finally artistically express concepts of agency beyond the current passive and vicarious mediums of yesterday. Choice in itself is the new artistic movement, the glorification of the possibility-space. Minecraft is the new cubism and Sims is postmodern theater, the new sitcom. Eventually more narrative driven games in the vein of Undertale will use the medium's enabling of agency to convey evocative ideas in ways we have not dared to imagine. Exploring morality and consequence will be greatest topic of this medium.  In art, choice will soon change everything.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
4 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:

Don’t forget Lung-babies.

Which makes me wonder regarding those incubators those babies are in, are they meant to be grown super weapons or has humanity been pushed so far into the brink that there are few to no women at all and they have to grow human beings? That's what I've been wondering regarding Death Stranding.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2017 at 3:28 AM, Mike Arcade said:

Which makes me wonder regarding those incubators those babies are in, are they meant to be grown super weapons or has humanity been pushed so far into the brink that there are few to no women at all and they have to grow human beings? That's what I've been wondering regarding Death Stranding.

That's a very good question...could easily go either way.

• Like 1