Video Game I'm secretly Making Don't Tell Adults Shhh.....

Nagol

It has been a dream of mine since I got wacked on the head by a teacher for sleeping in class and nearly was put on add medicine; to make my own video game. You see, in elementary I use to daydream a lot...I mean a lot, and it was always about game design. Kids at the playground would constantly hassle me into asking what game idea would I think of next. Anyway, life happened and people told me  I had to get a real life and stop daydreaming stupid ideas for game design as it was unreachable to normies; and such ideas would get me nowhere in life...Fast forward to the future and now game design is very reachable to everyday peeps like you and me thanks to free programs like Unity and Blender. I'm currently working on a game right now and am excitpuking at the though of my dream coming true. I have no set schedule...I have no idea what I'm doing...and its coming along shockingly well. I'll be posting updates when they happen so stay tuned. I've included some sample music that may or may not make it to the final game. An article on where I made my music coming soon.

988602062_JustIn...Choas.wav 1922872364_HouseofDracula.wav

• Like 1

I was there back then, and I want to see your ideas realized. As for character design, I really do recommend Z Brush. Personally for my music I use Logic X. But unless you want to plunk down for a Mac, you will need to get something else. Matt is a pretty successful music developer (he actually did intro music for Howard Stern of all people), I will contact him and give him his music setup. 

What are you looking to really “DIY” and what do you want to outsource? Music, design, and programming are very disparate skills, and it’s always good to get help with one developing  aspect here or there. The big challahs of game design, like movies and large creative projects like comics, is delegation. It’s the most important talent you must develop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DIY- Story, Character Design, programming, and some of the art. As for outsource music and background art and possibly a few 3d models. Unity has an asset story where you can buy things to put in your game but I want to make this puppy as much of 'me' as I can.  This is a challenge and I plan to put my best foot forward. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Akessel92 said:

Well I’m curious of the particulars? Platformer?RTS? FPS? 

Also, what’s the story Of the game itself? 

Its going to have a mix of Visual Novel elements and strategy role play. I'm keeping the story under wraps for right now but plan to release more info as content gets made.

On the above thread I talked briefly on how to make video game music for your game. I included a few test sounds that may or may not make it into my final product. I wanted to introduce people into a free royalty free music making software called Ecrett Music. Ecrett is a software that uses and AI to create a free music track for you that is royalty free. It actually advertises that it wants you to use there music for your own personal products, such as game, movies, or youtube projects. If you have basically no music knowledge and still have an interest this could be your saving grace. If anything you can use this to get a prototype up and running just to get an idea on what you want in your future game. 

https://ecrettmusic.com/?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=thomasbrush The advanced program does cost 5$ A month but you can use the code Thomasbrush at checkout for a discount. More music will be available for you to download so you can decide for yourself if you like to use this.

I personally am going to use the music to create the prototype and then see about hiring a musician for the final soundtrack later in development.

1650038846_Whataretheyplanning....wav 1637823112_LastMarineStanding.wav 868191387_RiseofOars.wav

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wish you the best of luck! I will keep an eye out on updates. Can I do some voice acting work for it? I would love to play any of the funny characters, if there are any. Are you going to add a randomizer in the game that makes random horses big or tiny? 🤣

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, IronCheeze said:

I wish you the best of luck! I will keep an eye out on updates. Can I do some voice acting work for it? I would love to play any of the funny characters, if there are any. Are you going to add a randomizer in the game that makes random horses big or tiny? 🤣

That is some good ideas. I might take you up on the voice acting. I would love to do something that involved randomizer as the main feature of a game.

I've been making some models with Blender to really give myself an introduction course into 3D Art. My game is going to have a blend of both 3D and 2D elements so I've been taking on the task of learning both. So far Blender has been an absolute must when it comes to creating and sculpting the levels, characters, and miscellaneous clutter in your virtual world. I have created a tree, a rock, and a knife...and I thought I would show you guys that process. Except it dawned on me how extremely boring that would be so instead here is something that I hope you find more interesting.  

There are no mistakes just happy accidents. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 1:09 PM, Sargent Beeler. said:

Glad you are followin' yer dreams, Logan. Liked your video. Thought it was neat. What kinda genre are you thinkin' of?

Its a survival horror visual novel/ turn-based strategy game 

I got frustrated today because one of me videos got eaten by sony vegas. Literally looks like garbage now, so I decide to make this to lift my spirits. I've been working on character design and flushing out the world space for my creations. I decided to make a funny little video of me putting a brain into my creation. At least the unedited rough draft of my creation. I've got a good selection of my characters made and will  be working on making a character trailer soon. I'm going to be more open about what my game is about and what my goals are from now on. 

Edited by Nagol
Misspelled

• 2 weeks later...

So who has been playing Pokemon Snap this week? Double the song double the fun right? Or was it double the song double the suicide rate??? Whoops! Anyway I've been working on animations this week. Its weird how animating is both easy and hard at the same time. My body made me have a break this week by getting sick but I'm still chuggin along. Game is coming along and I got a new short animation project in the works. Our little pika pal here is going to be in it. 

This song is by Solkrieg- Lavender Town Dreameater Remix and the beat drops harder than Blue's dead radicate. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2021 at 10:12 PM, Nagol said:

So who has been playing Pokemon Snap this week? Double the song double the fun right? Or was it double the song double the suicide rate??? Whoops! Anyway I've been working on animations this week. Its weird how animating is both easy and hard at the same time. My body made me have a break this week by getting sick but I'm still chuggin along. Game is coming along and I got a new short animation project in the works. Our little pika pal here is going to be in it. 

This song is by Solkrieg- Lavender Town Dreameater Remix and the beat drops harder than Blue's dead radicate. 

I'm posting these songs for easier access for me but if you want to take a listen go right ahead!!! Hope to have new content for you soon. 

1387619795_Barmusic.wav Doyle.wav

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:

There seems to be an overlay in the textures. I can see the human mouth and black lips at the same time.  The eyes draw up into the skill and make the wolf face look like a mask. The bluish color is interesting. Is that intentional?

I'm using the overlapping texture to get a feel for where the human mouth/wolf mouth goes, so they were intentional. That way I can see how the skin and muscles move during the transformations. Its still a very experimental phase. The male at the end is a none textured example of the wolf man, where you can see his mouth and nose move into position. You also get to see some clothing rips. I do like the blue. Might design a werewolf with that color later. 

• Like 1