List Our Favorite Games!

We're all gamers here, amiright? I mean we're all here becuase we love Sonic. And I was curious about all of our different tastes in games. So I suggest we all list some of our favorties games. 

You can list any you want, either as a list from least to best, or even in no particular order. Just talk a little bit about why you love the game.

I'm starting by listing my own Top 10 favorite games, up to my favorite.

10. Sonic Adventure

My favorite Sonic game, almost tied with Sonic 3. I love each level, all very unique and well desgined, the music is incredible, and I enjoy every character in this game. Yes, I even kinda like Big's levels.

9. Cave Story

I typically have difficulty with Metroidvanias, but Cave Story strikes a good balance of linear and non-linear. The world in this game is interesting too, and it's fun to learn more about it's lore as you play.

8. Pokémon Heartgold and Soulsilver

The remakes of my favorite generation of Pokemon. Brilliantly crafted, a soundtrack that will never leave my head, great new Pokemon designs, and it has two regions for the price of one.

7. Super Mario Galaxy

Mario Galaxy feels so grand. It rasies the steaks and shows off some of Nintendo's most creative ideas. Not to mention that it boasts my second favorite soundtrack in gaming. (You'll see my favorite soon)

6. Batman: Arkham City

The Arkham games are my favorite incarnation of Batman, mixing how dark the movies and comics can be while still being a tiny bit tounge in cheek. The game also has a very Metroidvania feel despite being 3D, making it fun to explore the city.

5. Undertale

I know Undertale is the big indie fad right now (Well, the GOOD indie fad at least), but upon playing this game, I can see why. More than any other game, this one makes me feel like I'm on an adventure, like I'm befriending these monsters and actually helping them. And that freakin' soundtrack...my favorite music in all of gaming.

4. Kirby: Planet Robobot

Again, a bit recent, but here me out. Originally, I placed Kirby Super Star in this slot for it's strong points. But after really evaluating Robobot, this game feels...nearly perfect. The level design, the bosses, even the minigames. When I start playing this game, I get addicted.

3. Rayman: Origins

This game is too underrated. The UbiArt engine is such a great gaming engine, letting the devs create a beautiful, goofy world. It's difficult, but very fair as well, and the contols are so smooth too.

2. Pikmin

My only foray into real time strategy games. The Pikmin trilogy is so fanastic, but the first is my favorite for the atmosphere, sense of urgency, and puzzles.

And my favorite game of all time is... *drumroll*

1. Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS & Wii U

They're similar enough to count as one game. Smash Bros has given me the best experiences of any game, playing by myself or with friends, it's not only a great fighting game, but a great fighting game that features nearly all of my favorite characters from the medium.

Well, those were my choices. Anyone else want to share their favorites? You can list them from least to most or in no particular order, remmeber. Just please shed some light on WHY you love them too. 

Very difficult for me to pick 10 favourites... but I'll list a few.

Alundra - PS1 One of the first RPGs I got into and had a great story

Archon - PC Like Battlechess with a twist; it was a strategy/combat game that had a lot of replay value

Boulderdash - PC An old adventure/puzzle game where you play as a guy named Rockford who mined diamonds in many complex caves. A lot of great memories

Maniac Mansion - PC The adventure game of legend; many hours spent playing the game.

Sim City - All Plats Who doesn't like this one? It's addictive and a life stealer

Kings Bounty - PC A RTS/RPG where you created an army and had to save the world in a short time.

Might & Magic II - PC Another "save the world" RPG and a lot of fun.

Final Fight - Arcade My favourite "Beat-em-up"

Fatal Fury - Arcade/PlayStation like streetfighter but with an actual deep storyline

Super Mario 3 - NES/SNES one of my favourite Mario games

Super Mario World - SNES The first Mario game I totally beat 100%

Gran Turismo - PlayStation One of the best racing sims with amazing graphics

Grand Theft Auto - PlayStation/PC :D

A Mind Forever Voyaging - PC Out-of-the-box text based adventure that bent your mind

Marble Madness - PC A great addictive skill game with pretty good graphics for the time

Sid Meier's Pirates! - PC I cannot even count the hours I spent playing this game swashbuckling around the Caribbean

Red Storm Rising - PC I love this game based on Tom Clancy's book of the same name; I saved America from the Soviets in WWIII more times than I can count.

Test Drive - All Plats Probably my favourite racing game of all time.

Alrighty then. Let me see...

10. Super Smash Bros for 3DS: Smash on the Go, Can't go wrong. Though the balancing issues do keep getting to me.

9. Kirby: Planet Robobot: You can never go wrong with a Kirby game, plus this one had great music and perhaps the trippiest final boss battle in Kirby history.

8. Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Cringeworthy characters and story aside, it's still a good little game with a good deal of balance to it. Pretty much the only Battlefield game I really like.

7. Call of Duty: World at War: The base game itself is a little mediocre, but the sheer potential with the Custom Zombies modding rocketed it to the top of my Hours Played list on Steam.

6. Call of Duty: Black Ops II: The first Call of Duty with actual choice in its campaign, alongside decent weapon designs and a pretty cool villain. And the Zombies mode was at its peak here. The best in the franchise, though that isn't saying much.

5. DOOM (2016): Initially skeptical, but the Doom-boot is just badass in every fashion. Smooth as silk, metal as hell and immensely satisfying to play, basically what the 2013 version of Rise of the Triad really should have been.

4. Freedom Planet: What Sonic 4 should have been, the game does more than wallow in the Sonic formula, like a lot of people say it does. It builds upon it and ultimately looks and feels more unique than the sequel does at the moment with its generic animoo style. Story sucked arse, though.

3. Sonic Unleashed: The first Sonic game to attempt to redeem Sonic after the infamous shittleshow of 06, and it worked...sort of. Problems with the gameplay aside, my favourite part was the atmosphere, the feeling of an actual living and breathing world that SEGA just decided to abandon because...*shrug*

2. Sonic Generations: The best modern Sonic game in my eyes, lack of a story and red-tapesque approach to Sonic's history aside. It really showed what the Hedgehog Engine was capable of...and then they abandoned it. Because SEGA doesn't know how to vidga.

1. Dust: An Elysian Tale: It's...it's just beautiful, man. The story, the characters, the gameplay, the art style...oh, it was worth the four years of waiting.

I don't have a top ten list, but right now, I do have a favourite:

Planetside 2

I can't stop playing this game at the moment. It's so much fun. Set on the faraway world of Auraxis, the human colonists split into three factions: The Terran Republic, the New Conglomerate, and the Vanu Sovereignity. The three fight over four continents, to gain more territory, but since everybody that dies is brought back to life by nanites, the war never ends. With a multitude of classes, vehicles, and aircraft, the game plays like a massive-scale class-based shooter. Only four maps? Each is a whole landmass. When you capture a region, you don't go back to a lobby, you get into a vehicle and drive/fly to the next one. Run solo or throw in with a platoon, which can contain 48 players at a time, no other shooter quite holds up after it, really.

Oh, and it's free.

My precise numbering of the following games shuffles, so I'm just going to post them as a non-numbered list.

• Skyrim. Yeah, there are some bugs and glitches, but it's very much a spriritual successor to the old Legend of Zelda, in terms of "there's a story, but the game's really about exploration and fighting badguys". This is one of those "the developers tried to think of everything" games. They put in so much stuff that the Xbox 360 can't properly handle it if you install the game to the hard drive, instead of playing it from the disc. Plus, I'm a big fan of werewolves and quite a hater of vampires and zombies. I have the Legendary edition and It's quite satisfying for me to be a werewolf Dawngaurd member. It's also quite nice being able to learn to forge your own equipment and improve most any sort of armor or weapon, and to be able to learn and apply enchantments to them. So many RPGs make you tied down to what you can find or buy in the stores. I find this "take some raw materials and make your own stuff" or "let's improve a Daedric Artifact weapon/armor" to be quite rewarding. The only things that would really make this game better: A spell like "dead thrall" that works on animals and a means of actually becoming a dragon.
  • Prototype 2. This game really satisfies the Thing Fan in me. I didn't like how Alex Mercer was such a jerk in the fist game. I rather like James Heller's personality a lot better. Plus, most of the powers have been upgraded and a few news ones have been added. For added bonus: You get to kill Alex Mercer.
  • Prey. This game is cool on so many levels. First, our main characters are Cherokee. Second, you get to kick ass with a variety of bio-weapons (my favorite is the Hunter's Rifle). Thirdly, this may not be a The Thing game, but a lot of its creatures and whatnot sure seems like they were inspired by it. And finally, the whole "There is not defined direction in space" aspect, that lets you explore walls, ceilings, and floors without ever being sure just which way is supposed to be up.
  • Raptor: Call of the Shadows. And old Apogee DOS game. It's one of those top-down scrolling shooter games, where you amass money and weapons. Not really much more to it than moving around shooting stuff. But the music rocks and it's a great way to kill some time.
  • The original Doom and Doom 2. Still just as much fun as they were back when they came out. And if you feel like mixing it up a bit, you can load them through the D!Zone program, if you have it.
  • Origional Legend of Zelda: This is just a fun old game. It even has a fan-site where they make all sorts of goofy PC variants and have stuff like game editors for you to make your own or edit the ones that aren't password protected.
  • A Link To The Past: The true successor to the original. I really like how the dark and light world interact.
  • Zelda: Twilight Princess. This is the true successor to A Link To The Past. Midna and Wolf Link rock. Plus, bomb arrows are a thing! And again, the light and dark worlds that somewhat interact is a nice touch. Link really gets a level in badass, too, with stuff like finisher moves. My only real gripe is that the world is too small and the game itself is too short.
  • The Smash Bros games. Brawl is my current favorite (I don't have a Wii U but when I get one, I'll be getting the Smash bros for it, too). These are just plain fun, either in single-player or with one of more friends. Kirby has long been a favorite character of mine, due to his copy ability (sound like anything else I'm a fan of?). This has made him a good choice of fighter for the games. In Melee, I added Bowser to my lineup of characters I'm good at fighting as. In Brawl, that list has been revamped to include Wolf, Snake, ROB, and Sonic. I look forward to seeing how it evolves when I can afford the next generation.
  • The Boderlands Games. Good ol' fashion action/comedy/sci-fi. I pity the person who had to program the RNGs for this game. They're very good at ensuring that every time you reset an area, you'll be surprised by what sort of loot you'll get. I picked up the boxed set and have yet to complete all of the games. But they're rather addicting even when just level grinding and item farming.
  • Rage. This is what happens when you have the makers of Doom make a Mad Max world. If that sounds awesome, it's because it is. There's even a BFG ammo for one of the weapons, which I've never had the money to risk testing on lesser badguys, and haven't ran into a boss since obtaining them yet.
  • Resident Evil 4. This is another game that really satisfies the Thing Fan in me. I'm not a big fan of "survival shooters" but this game is good enough to overcome that shortcoming, provided one has an Action Replay to avoid running out of ammo until they can get ahold of a Chicago Typewriter and Infinite Launcher. Though, I do hate the liberal use of "quicktime events".
  • Deady Creatures. While I'm not a fan of spiders, I have to admit that the one in this game is alright. But what really makes the game worthwhile for me is the scorpion. He's a lot more fun to play as, for me. The game makes you switch characters between chapter points, since each of the arachnids will overhear different parts of the humans' narrative at the appropriate times in the game. I've come to think of the spider as Jackie Chan (more nimble fighter who doesn't do so much direct brawling) and the scorpion as Chuck Norris (beats the hell out of the opposition more directly).

Let's give this a shot:

Super Mario 64

Donkey Kong Country

Crash Bandicoot Warped

Age of Empires 2

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

LEGO Star Wars and Indiana Jones

Pitfall: The Lost Expedition

Pitfall: Mayan Adventure

All the Classic SEGA Sonic games go at the top of my list.

Let's give this a shot:

Super Mario 64

Donkey Kong Country

Crash Bandicoot Warped

Age of Empires 2

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

LEGO Star Wars and Indiana Jones

Pitfall: The Lost Expedition

Pitfall: Mayan Adventure

All the Classic SEGA Sonic games go at the top of my list.

might as well give this a shot in no particular order:

fallout: both 3 and new vegas. people give fallout 3 a megaton of crap just for not being new vegas, and while yes its story was weak it had better locations while new vegas had a better story. to me that's like saying any game preceding its sequels is bad and should be better because its sequel did exactly what it was supposed to do; improve on the previous work.

sonic: pretty much all of them, except for the storybook series and werehog thanks to the fact my wii was brutal for batteries.

halo: all of them but wars, halo wars was not good aside from its cutscenes looking good.

star wars battlefront 1: my preference for this one is due to the fact that it was more complete/better designed visually and level wise, as opposed to its sequel which emphasized game modes and cohesion with the psp rather than good level design, which made my overall experience worse.

dust an elysian tail: this game was fantastic. I first played the demo in 2012 when I had no money to buy it, and got it free a few months/a year later with an XBL game with gold promotion. I actually plan on buying it for steam it was that good.

TES 5: skyrim, you yell at things and then basically shoot laser beams from your mouth, whats not to love?

freedom planet: I got this in late 2015, shortly before the announcement of its sequel (which made me think of dust throughout the trailer in terms of animation) and just after the release of its indiebox limited edition. I called it the love child of both sonic and rocket knight, which isnt a bad thing. its story wasn't the best, but it was still solid.

pokemon LG E and Pl: leafgreen, emerald, and platinum, even if I couldn't beat the elite 4.

age of mythology: an oldie but a goodie, my favorite things were its cheats and TW the bridge deathmatch,

spyro 2-3: just some good old fashioned ps1 collect-a-thoning, also screw hunter.