Old Advertisements Using Sonic

Great find By-Tor! Honestly I wouldn't mind wearing those shoes and having some of that Ice Cream. xD

The only Sonic Ice Cream I'm aware of that's still around is that Blue Bunny Sonic the Hedgehog Ice Cream, which was known originally as Sonic X-treme funny enough, believe me I've tried ordering a case of that and I can never find one.

This seems fitting for here:

This still floats around YouTube, pretty sure it was used to advertise the show way back when before the show aired. although it's storyboards saw release on the shout factory DVD, the original animation was lost to the sands of time. Seems a more fitting intro for the pilot episode "heads or tails", does it not?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ishapar said:

Why is it that in Asian cartoons, the male voice usually sounds like a female?  In the first commercial, Sonic (I guess that is who was making the noise at the end) sounds like a little girl.

It's quite common for females to voice male characters, especially younger ones, in animation.

If memory serves me correct, Tara Strong is well know for doing this.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 2/20/2017 at 5:04 PM, Wulfsbane said:

It's quite common for females to voice male characters, especially younger ones, in animation.

If memory serves me correct, Tara Strong is well know for doing this.

Yup; and Romi Pak pretty much made a career out of it.

*gets back on topic*

Commercial Collection Vol.1

1 hour ago, MoKat said:

Yup; and Romi Pak pretty much made a career out of it.

*gets back on topic*

Commercial Collection Vol.1

These Commercials are a great historical barometer of brand identity. You can see that in the Nintendo versus Sega one strongly at the start. You can put them in chronological order and actually get a glimpse of how Sega wanted Sonic to be perceived over time.  In the aformentioned’s case, it’s being better than Nintendo, their main monopolistic rival. For the ones that have a negative reaction (like those really weird Nintendo commercials) you can get some sense of how the consumer expected the branded product to be.